We hope you have all enjoyed the festive sweets and celebrations of Deepwali as we have!
It’s unfortunate to hear about the tragic loss of a young beautiful girl from the Bollywood industry. May peace be with you and your family. RIP Pretty Jia Khan
So the collection is not actually called romance red! Manish Malhotra’s latest season is a blend of white fabrics and embroideries which we shall bring forth for you! Check out the gorgeous Sonam Kapoor at the Colgate launch, she looks stunning in this lehenga and we love that the entirety of this outfit is red with some work on the bottom of the skirt….The unexpected!
Some people well actually many men begin to wonder if getting engaged, under pressure (from mainly women, or your fiancé!) is the correct decision for you..
This is just the beginning of an emotional roller coaster, let us tell you why.
Women generally DO expect commitment from a guy, so if you haven’t popped the question and you have been dating a while…..you will likely be getting hints. On the other hand, if you have been single for as long as you can remember and aunties/uncles don’t know what else to ask you at every single family function, except “when are you getting married?” Then of course you shouldn’t feel like getting married because everyone around is or because your relatives feel you are at the ‘right’ age, which should never matter, because its about maturity and understanding or life experience, not defined by an age (we don’t encourage under age marriages either).
So you have successfully completed your education, and you have a great job, with stability….you live in a decent place and are bored of your daily routine:wake up,go to work, come home, eat and sleep. So then you may think marriage is the next logical step to add some spice to your life! In some cases, it actually is the right blend of spices, but in most cases, the honeymoon stages of marriage quickly dissipate and what you’re left with is the same pattern as before : wake up, go to work, come home, eat and sleep.
What’s the solution you ask??
Firstly ask yourself how much you can’t live without your better half (your boyfriend/girlfriend). Then consider the lifestyle you both want to have as a couple. Let us assure you that if one person wants designer branded gifts every week, while the other values simple things and is on a modest budget, then the marriage won’t last. Similarly, if one partner wants to travel to Paris, USA and the other cant afford to, then you are going to end up resenting one another after marriage. You need to discuss these aspects prior to marriage so that you have a better understanding of your partners expectations after marriage. People can change after marriage, we agree but in most part, if you know your partner well enough then minor adjustments like compromise is a key component to a long lasting marriage.
Getting married is a beautiful bond between a couple and families….don’t feel pressured into it. You will know when you’re ready because you will FEEL like you have lived your own life enough and now it’s time to share your experiences with someone special and meaningful!
Share your story! Tell us how you got engaged and how you felt in the comments below!
We wish all of you a wonderful new year! May the new year be fulfilled with joy fun and of course, more wedding couture!
We look forward to providing our services to brides in 2013!
Our sincere wishes,
Looking for the perfect decorations for your wedding but not sure what to do? There are several designers offering glitzy crystal table centrepieces, to Indian inspired floral arrangements, it’s a matter of deciding what theme you want. By theme, we mean the feel and ambience for the event.
Typically, for the Mehndi/Sangeet, people use colourful cushions with Moroccan lamps, candles and flowers. During a wedding event, brides opt for a more elegant setting with Mandap designs similar to scenes from Devdas…..or a Garden wedding is beautifully created to perfection with white designer umbrellas hanging on English vintage chairs with petals along the grass isle….A Reception event can be spruced up with a dessert buffet like a lolly stand matching the colour theme….
Decorations need not be expensive to give the wow factor to your next event. Be creative with paper, make collages, add ribbon, 3D letters and much more! Visit your craft store for ideas.
There is no right or wrong answer to decorating!
Feeling upset about all those skinny (lacking taste) diets that are too difficult to maintain? We have some solutions that can help you:
1. Invest in some body shaping undergarments that can hold some not so flattering love handles at bay. (Actresses do this all the time!)
2. Try dark velvet textures on top, if that is your problem area and avoid too much bling on blouses/top to avoid eyes on those areas. Consider full length blouse designs or corset options which can also do wonders. But beware; wearing very very tight corsets can lead to unwanted bulges elsewhere…..
3. Are your thighs bothering you? Try cycling exercises and wearing lehengas with large prints or designs. Avoid plain dupatta’s in net or dupatta’s in very sheer material…Try chiffon, velvet or satin fabrics with large patterns/borders and drape it to hide problem hips/thighs.
4. Jiggly arms? Try long sleeved, elastic fabrics on the arms of the blouse….This will help maintain tone and shape. Some sheer fabrics on the arms can also work. For the more adventurous, push ups and weights can help.
5. Buy heels! High heels can give you an instant full body uplift! Your back posture corrects itself, so no more slouching! The buttocks stop sagging and are somehow perky! Your spine and head align and you seem to carry your outfit much more elegantly, but please make sure you practice walking in them!
So there you have it, some cheats to looking your best!