Bollywood movies dictate a lot when it comes to international honeymoon ideas and hot spots,,, You must be familiar with regions around India that have been popular destinations for couples like Shimla etc. Well let us point out a few destinations that is sure to have the romance-o-metre running high!
1. Maldives; it’s sooooo close to India that it almost seems a sin not to visit these islands! There are plenty of resorts to choose from, but bear in mind the season…..Note that you are surrounded by sea and cannot escape anywhere, so if relaxing with a cocktail, good food and swimming is not your ideal honeymoon,then this is not for you. But it truly is a beautiful honeymoon destination….
2. Singapore & Thailand; Great beaches, tourist attractions and activities for bush walkers, and best of all, it’s a great place for people on a very tight budget. You can enjoy almost anything at relatively cheap prices compared to other locations around the world. There are several activities for couples looking to learn about Asian cultures, temples and food. Our number two place also goes to Singapore because it is also a great budget friendly place, with popular Asian markets. Singapore is a very small country so if you are planning to stay for 7 days, you might get bored.
3. Popular countries in Europe; relatively close to India although on the more pricey side in terms of accommodation and food…There is possibly a lot more “to do” activities in places like London, Paris, Italy, Switzerland. If you want a honeymoon full of historic British or Roman sights then this your cup of tea!
4. Turkey; is somewhat underrated but a beautiful country with lots of middle eastern influences, including crafts that are surely interesting for honeymooners looking to learn. Sights are surreal.
5. Dubai; also just a short flight away, great for couples who are into shopping, fun and modern architecture…. Some buildings are out of this world! Some theme parks are also rated as some of the best in the world. Do spend a night sleeping in the dessert and traveling on a camel….although you could possibly do this in India too!
This list is nowhere near comprehensive as what we would like to add, but an overview of some of our teams best travel experiences. Whilst basking in your wedding, do take a moment to understand what YOUR IDEAL honeymoon should be; whether you are into hiking, or extreme sports, or lazy-ing around beaches, checking out museums – be sure to consider these before booking your honeymoon or don’t just take your cousins word as they said their experience was good. There are so many resources available -travel agents, Internet and other people that can give you sights about whichever country/ies would be best for you and your partner.